Sunday, March 5, 2017

This Freezing Week, March 6th to 10th

Courtesy of one of my meme enthusiasts, Cassidy.

Parents on my mailing list were sent the last of my weekly teacher-parent emails. From now on this blog is my avenue for communicating what is going on in the class. However, I am always available to answer questions and address concerns via email. My hope is that students will be the ones approaching me to build up that independence around learning.

Tomorrow is the mark cut off for Term 2. There are no exceptions...because I don't get extensions on my deadlines.

Academic Forecast for this week:

Math: Calculating percents of a number (eg Tax) and we will begin rate (eg km/hr).
English: We will be looking at how to construct a compare and contrast paragraph using transitional language. We will finish reading The Midwife's Apprentice.
S.S.: We will look at how borders and settlement sites are decided upon in our Game of Fief. We will look at how Manor lands were typically laid out in the middle ages.

No homework will be assigned, but regular review of notes is recommended to master concepts and skills.

Here's to a great week.
Today's word is: independence
Image result for raising grownups quote

No comments:

Post a Comment