Thursday, October 10, 2013

Oct. 9th Friday Before Thanksgiving Weekend

I am thankful to be teaching such a great group of kids.

You were very charming when Dr. Pikka, the First Nations Elder and Ethno Botanist, was presenting us with information on local plants and their traditional uses . I noticed Hayden help her with the computer, Mike turn out the lights for her and Ella help her with her powerpoint; all this without being asked. You were a great audience as well.

A reminder to have your parents scroll down and answer the survey monkey question that is linked on the next page. To camp or not to camp, that is the question I am putting to them.

Today's word is: C̸E,ŚU SL̵IḰ  

If you want to find out what it means in Sencoten, one of the primary First Nation languages of our region, go to this link.

Tell me the translation and you get an entry.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could go camping when I was in grad 8 :) Mrs. Bridal knows who this is your the best And I love that picture

    ReplyDelete