Monday, November 28, 2016

This week, November 28th to December 2nd...DECEMBER!!!

Well, I am back.


Ms Lajeunesse and I have been writing the report cards together thanks to Google Docs. As you know, November 24th was the cut off for Term 1 marks. Students who did not have assignments completed for that deadline are getting an "I" or incomplete mark until they submit the missing work. Those students will be required to attend an I Day Catch Up Session this Tuesday; the rest of the class will be on a field trip. The hope is that they will complete their missing work to lift the I. I's become F's at the end of the year and who wants that on a report card?

So, this week:

English: We will be reviewing story elements and literary devices to prepare for an independent novel study. I will be talking to the kids about the wide range of book choices. We will be writing non-fiction articles about events around the home, school or community. I am hoping that the Sooke News Mirror will accept one of these articles.

Social Studies: We will begin Unit 3 on the Abrahamic religions, the Jewish, Islamic and Christian religions. These religions were important players during our time period (Middle Ages) and they continue to shape history today.

Math: After reviewing some basic math skills that were a bit rusty, we are ready to review and learn some new things about fractions.


No comments:

Post a Comment