Wednesday, November 12, 2014

November 12th

 
Most of you have settled on a dystopian teen novel. The Giver by Lois Lowry is an excellent choice and I have multiple copies for you to take out, if you could not secure a copy of another book.
 
For an instant prize leave a comment about what you think about your book so far. I am going to re-read Brave New World for my novel. I read it when I was your age and I am interested to re-read it as an adult. I think that my perspective will have changed quite a bit.
 
Homework:
 
S.S.: You should have highlighted the key points on the "Who Were the Vikings" page and you should have copied the 4 questions to the next page. We will be answering those in class tomorrow. Glue guns and sticks for tomorrow. We will build our boats.
 
English: Start reading your novels. Enjoy.
 
French: Quiz on Thursday for Div 2 and on Friday for Div 5. See the course link for review.
 
HCE: None.

6 comments:

  1. Earlier today i finished the first chapter of "1984", a book wrote by George Orwell. As you stated, it definitely is a fascinating read, I can tell it was created for a older audience. The first chapter really sets the tone of the book. It will be interesting following the point of view of Winston Smith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not started to read my book yet I am just waiting for it to come in from the public library
    ~C.H

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read that much into my book but it's a pretty good book so far. Interesting concept

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read much of my novel yet but i think and hope that it will be good

    ReplyDelete
  5. My book is boring so far, but only because the commit hasnt hot the min yet so she's just talking about her life
    #lame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, Jordan. Boring is not a word that sells teen novels. I hope that it gets better.

      Delete