Saturday, December 14, 2013

This Last Week of School for 2013


 
This week:

Math: We will be doing a complete review of fraction concepts from when you were introduced to them in grade 3 until last year. Fractions are a challenge for many students, so we will review the concepts again in January to set you up to tackle this year's learning outcome: multiplying and dividing fractions. There will be a review quiz on Thursday morning so that I can see where you are at with your understanding.

Social Studies: We will be looking at Medieval banquets and etiquette. On Thursday afternoon, we will have a potluck Medieval banquet where I would love to dress some of you up in traditional Medieval dress. I am going to, after all, I am the Queen.

Science: We will use microscopes to look at samples of bacteria. We will check in to see how our colonies are doing.

Special Events this Week:

The Banquet Thursday PM: Bring a dish to share for the Medieval banquet. We will be preparing some dishes on site. I will be looking for brave souls to dress in the spirit of the times.

Div 1 and 2 Class Gift Exchange: Friday AM. Wrap and bring a present for a class game of "All I Want For Christmas is...Your Present". Your present can be: second hand, re-gifted, humourous, something everybody is going to want, something nobody would want (no wrapping up your little brother or sister because I think your parents might want to keep them). I am going to buy some...interesting gifts to throw into the pot.

Today's entry: Post your holiday plans in the comment section for an entry for this week's bigger than usual prize.


5 comments:

  1. Well... I usually spend the holidays with family and on Christmas we go to dinner with the whole family and just spend time with everyone since we don't see each other often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister is coming over for Christmas
    and later on Christmas Day we are all going up to Nanaimo to visit my aunt

    ReplyDelete
  3. first im gonna sleep then im gonna rest then im gonna open presents and sleep some more

    ReplyDelete
  4. MY family just hang out relax from the constant never ending schedule

    ReplyDelete