Friday, October 10, 2014

The Vikings -- Royal Victoria Museum

VIKINGS IN VICTORIA -- LET'S GO SEE!


DON'T FORGET the notice that went home today asking for volunteer chaperones for a trip to the Vikings Exhibit at the Royal Victoria Museum. I just might voluntell Mr. Bridal to come chaperone on his flex day.
Vikings and the Viking Age are a topic of study for Grade 8 Social Studies so this opportunity links very nicely with what we are/will be learning in class. I have been to the exhibit and it is really informative. There are a lot of primary sources of information on the Vikings which trump our dusty, secondary source textbooks.

4 comments:

  1. It is going much better, now that I am back to work. I miss you guys though. I hear that everyone is enjoying EMCS. How is it going for you? I hope that you got all the courses that you asked for and I expect that you are impressing the teachers up there, eh? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mrs teacher man my mom might be able to take one other kid besides me, but it
    All depends on if she works or not

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's going well, I like my new teachers
    overall EMCS is a lot harder but I enjoy
    it.

    ReplyDelete